Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hearing God Say "No"

I always leave Ann Voskamp's blog blessed- today is no different. She writes today on receiving a "no" from God. You can read her full post here:
She writes this"
"Instead the tears would be the kind we shed when we see how God can transform even a painful “no” into a glorious “YES!”
It’s a divine mystery: When we say and hear “no” freely, we give God room to work, to amaze us, to give us back to each other again.
And even when love says “no” along the way, it always leads us to a greater “yes” in the end."
I immediately think of times that God has said "no" in my life. I have three beautiful children here and I have 2 in heaven. I have lost children 2 times to miscarriage. The first was between Caleb and Sophie and the 2nd was just one year ago. At the time, I didn't understand "why". And maybe I still don't, but I do look back now with a different perspective. God said "no" to both of those pregnancies. Sophie was conceived shortly after my first miscarriage. Sophie- her beautiful and precious life fills everyday with joy. I simply couldn't imagine this life without her in it. She was and is the very beautiful "yes" after a painful "no". 
 Shortly after we lost our 2nd baby to miscarriage we made the decision to adopt. We felt strongly about adoption and planned to do so "one day". However going through another miscarriage and even the questions of another safe pregnancy for me brought the call to adopt to the forefront and helped us to realize the time was "now".  We said "yes" to God's call in our life to adopt and are already experiencing him and his glorious "yes" after another painful "no". 
When our children are home and this process over, I assume I will have an even greater appreciation and praise for the "no" we experienced last year- in the same way I praise God for the 1st "no" and our amazing daughter born 10 months later. 
Trusting God in each "no" for an even greater "yes."
"For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through Him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God." 2 Corinthians 1:20


No comments:

Post a Comment